Be social and retweet/like.
Note: Remember, preseason is a scam. It is crap. Nothing matters. Don't buy into it. Media will tell you it matters because they need to fill programming. Coaches will say itmatters because they are control freaks and want to have the illusion that you must give 110% on every play. Because they are control freaks, they won't give out a decent game plan because it would be on tape for regular season teams to dissect. Doesn't mean anything, but I will pretend it does for this piece.
1) Really wish the Bills would at least try and run the ball more. It has been something I've been preaching all offseason and I still don't think the Bills are made to spread the field and work out of shotgun on almost every down. Take away the 20 yards Jackson gained on one carry, and he had 4 carries for 7 yards. Alright, so that's not a big body of work to judge by, but what annoyed me was the constant shotgun snaps. Fitz was in shotgun 12 out of 16 plays. Take a guess where Fitz was lined up on his TD to Donald Jones? You guessed it, under center. Use the fullback once in a while, Chan. Don't start becoming Kevin Gilbride of 2003 with wanting to pass a lot when your personnel doesn't match.
2) Spare me with the Bills 1st touchdown drive. It was starters against pretty much the whole Vikings second team. No Allen. No Winfield. They were done for the night. Not to mention, they were four plays and out on the next drive against the waterboys of Minnesota. Against the Vikings starters, the Bills gained 6 yards on two drives. They still have a lot of work to do on offense and should possibly look into getting their RBs involved more.
3) As for the defense, they got a ton of pressure on Ponder to go along with a few sacks. Kyle Williams looks like the old Kyle Williams from 2010. His sack on Ponder was him shooting up the gap and killing the QB. It was vintage 2010' Kyle. However, you normally shouldn't be exchanging sacks for big plays. The Bills starters gave up 3 plays of 20-yards or more against Minnesota on the first three drives. The LBs looked pretty slow and the Vikings burned us on yards after the catch. The Vikings did a good job in having Ponder roll out on play action in order to take him away from the Bills' rush. BTW, Minnesota really wanted this game. They drew up a fricken flea-flicker for god sakes. Why?
4) It is over. Ship Tyler Thigpen off to the CFL or XFL. Vince Young is just a better QB. He's won National Titles while Tyler has won National Spelling Bees (Cause he's a dork). Young finished 8 of 14 for 123 yards, including a long bomb to TJ Graham. Graham, showed his speed on the 60+ yard bomb, but he did it against backups. Do it against starters and you can get on my block (Channeling Mercury Morris). As for Tyler, Gailey pretty much saw enough when he threw a pick 6 to some guy with a gigantic pony tail. He's done.
5) WTF was up with the Vikings crowd in throwing confetti in the air? Did "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig come back from the dead? That's a wrestling inside joke. Also, shut up about the replacement refs. Do they suck? Yes. So do all refs. And guess what? It is preseason, which normally means more flags are going to be thrown because you have backups/rookies/grocery clerks playing football.
6) Liked what we saw from Roosevelt. 6 grabs for 60 yards. It is your typical #18 game. He's not gonna burn you with speed, but he's a good route runner who will get you 8-10 yards. I still think he's on the outside looking in, as I think Martin will be the 5th guy because of special teams. Remember, the Bills have only kept 5 WRs going into Gailey's two seasons as coach. Of course, injuries happen and by the time we reached November, we had Buff. State's finest catching passes it seemed like. Keep in mind, whoever gets cut, there's a good possibility they will probably be sitting at home, waiting for a phone call for a few weeks..at least. How many times have we cut Martin and Roosevelt over the last 2 years? These guys are like Rasputin. You think you kill them off and they come back. So, don't work..#18 will probably return..again.
Tweet of the night:
If Ray Bentley and Kevin Sylvester ever called the same game I'd start working for the Russians.