5) The Hasselbeck family: I'd be the last person to have a conversation about politics with. I consider myself a liberal and I get most of my political news from Bill Maher's show. With that, I'm sure some of you saw his appearance on The View, when right winger, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, couldn't take a lame joke Maher said about her on his HBO show and acted like a spoiled child when she confronted him about it. Sure, she's hot, but she's kind of dumb. Then you have her husband, Tim, who has become this decades version of Sean Salisbury. A crappy QB, who has become a loud mouth on ESPN. I constantly get him mixed up with Trent Dilfer. For God sakes, get one of those two a hairpiece. As for Tim's brother, Matt, who is current QB for the Titans, I don't know, but he's just too clean cut...and he looks like Andre Agassi. I bet you dollars to donuts that Matt will eventually make the transition to TV after his playing career. Yup, just what we need, another Hasselbeck on some lousy talking panel show.
4) Eddie Robinson: With Tom Donahoe at the helm, you couldn't find a worst free agent signing than this guy. Hell, I couldn't even find a google image of him wearing a Bills uniform! In case you didn't know, Robinson played for the Titans/Oilers and was a decent player, however, when the Bills signed him 2002, the dude was shot/old. Normally, I wouldn't be so hard on a free agent signing like him not working out, but I remember how Gregg Williams was salivating about this guy. Oh, he's a coach on the field and he's been through battles?! Blah, blah, blah. Coach on the field? George Edwards wouldn't let this guy call defensive plays. Coach on the field!? PSSH. That's coach speak for "That dude sucks now, so, let us find something we can lie to the public about that he does well." His crowning achievement of futility came when Chad Pennigton ran a naked bootleg on the 1-yard line and Robinson had him 1-on-1 on the outside. Easy take down, right? WRONG! Pennington scored after doing some Elvis like shake and then Robinson fell to his knees. It was awful. He should have had a walker while playing.
3) Bud Adams: A man named Bud should not own a football team. If I'm correct, isn't there a legend that he traded some cattle for a player to be named later? He's the poor man's Jerry Jones. The poor man's Ralph Wilson. I mean, we always hear about Al Davis and Ralph Wilson being the founders of the AFL and this dude hardly gets mentioned with the foolish club. It's funny, but when you compare him to Art Modell and how both guys moved their teams during the mid-90s, its like Bud gets a pass while Modell is still vilified for it. Maybe it had to do with the Houston fans having a 20 person rally at city hall to save the team. Yes, I'm not making that up. On the bright side, Bud did give Ralph Wilson the finger during Jauron's last game, which might have set him off in firing him. So, he may not be all that bad.
2) Greg Williams: Yes, Mr. Blow Horn himself. Seriously? What NFL coach uses a blow horn. Double G (Who the Bills hired after his years as a defensive coordinator in Tennessee) helped kickoff the decade of decay with his boneheaded game management skills and the fact that he let Tom Donahoe call plays for him. Yes, he actually did that. Everyone marveled about how Greg Williams was this ultra organized coach, who knocked it out of the park during interviews. However, it was all a facade. Frankly, it's really tough to muster enough hatred towards Greg because Bills fans have had so many moments of incompetence from other coaches and players, that my blood pressure doesn't go up that much when he's mentioned. Recently, I got annoyed when he said he was the soul voice of reason in the Bills draft room to select Drew Brees. By his account, he was begging them to trade up to select him late in the 1st round. Surrrrrrrre, Greg. You were such a football genius with your charts...Hmmm, those same charts that showed the way your defense was destroyed for two straight years...the same charts that let Kevin Gilbride run the offense into the ground...the same charts that gave you man boobs. Yeah...you would have drafted Brees and probably ruin him with those charts.
1) Music City Miracle: Do I really need to get into this? IT WAS A FORWARD PASS!? YES! IT WAS! CONSPIRACY! THE NFL DIDN'T WANT US IN THE SUPER BOWL ANYMORE!? OK, in all honesty, when I look back at the replay of it, you really aren't that sure. I guess the logic is that because Tennessee was at home, there was no way they were reversing that call because the refs would have gotten their asses beaten. My goodness, can you imagine if that happened in Buffalo? We would have stormed the field and set the peep show booth on fire. Even if it was forward or not, the Bills special teams had a complete melt down when no one, except for Steve Christie, stayed in their lane. Of course, everyone knows this was the last time the Bills made the playoffs and it was the final Bills game for Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas. Some even believe it started the "Flutie Curse" because of Johnson getting the nod. What sucks most about that play is that the Bills had a good team that year. The defense was #1 in the NFL and the offense did just enough to get by. I mean, they were 11-5 and they weren't your typical wildcard team. What if everyone stayed in their lane? Could they have gone to the Super Bowl? Flutie at QB? Maybe. Rob Johnson? No. Anyways, it was a terrible moment in Bills history. It was also pretty poetic that with all the heartbreaking losses throughout the 90's in big games, this was the caper for the decade. It was a moment where you couldn't help but think...Yeah, this would so be how the AFC Team of the 90's would close out their run. Very sad.
Best of the rest:
---Jevon Kearse killing Rob Johnson in the Wildcard game.
---Eddie George's Ray Lewis like cheers.
---TNA Wrestling (Not a compliment).
---Country music sucks.
---Hockey in the south.
---The Nashville Sounds, who use to always knock the Bisons out of the playoffs.
---Tom Donahoe was obsessed with the Titans. He stole their uniform ideas, assistant coach and Eddie Robinson.
---Vince Young is still an idiot.
---Trading Travis Henry for no reason.
---Jeff Fisher's mullet.
---Stealing JP Dumont.
---YEEEEEE HAWWWWW (Matthew Stewart's choice)
Sha9Nine: Here's a good reason: their owner gave our whole team the bird last time we saw him.
ddombrowski: Music City Miracle. Done. That's the only reason you need.
phillybillsfan: Frank Wycheck, nuff said.
tblonsky1: Two things. Home run throwback, they have us Greg Williams and the air horn.
Meyersman1717: Music City miracle, music city miracle, music City miracle, music city miracle and, oh ya, the music city miracle